Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Introduction...

I'd like to introduce our Builder, Brett Fogelstrom! 
We've known Brett for years as a friend and have always admired his work. We never dreamed he would be interested in building our house -he's one of the most talented designer/builders we know.  
Doesn't he look like a nice guy?  He actually is!  
He's teaching us lingo - builder terminology.  In the beginning he would use words that were specific to the engineering and structure of the home and I nodded and smiled.  I figured, if I really needed to know what that word meant that he'd make sure I did.  As time went on he got to know that look on my face and the nodding and he would stop and say, "do you know what that is?" I would say "no, is it important that I know?"    
We have a rhythm and our meetings are now managing "real time" things like installations and decisions. 

It's great having a friend as your builder or having your builder be your friend as well.




No comments: